Avocet Academy & The Ogden Trust
They are a charitable trust that exists to promote the teaching and learning of physics. We do this by enabling innovative physics teaching to take place in, and collaboratively between, schools.
The Schools Partnership programme offers yearly funding and support to enhance our physics teaching and learning, for four years. This enables us to:
- raise the profile of science in the primary curriculum, with the emphasis on physical processes
- enhance teachers’ confidence in the planning, delivery and assessment of primary science (physical processes)
Every year the schools get free subject specific CPD and resources. This helps enhance teachers’ confidence in the planning, delivery and assessment of primary science (physical processes). This has also helped to provide funding for trips, inter academy competitions, science days and developing a Phizz Lab, including all the new resources for it.
The Phiz Lab:
- is a dedicated science teaching space
- is a shared resource for use by each school in the partnership including (but not limited to) science lessons; science meetings; CPD training; enrichment activities; science community events
- promotes collaborative teaching and learning across the partnership
- leader provides annual feedback to the primary partnership lead.
For more information on the Ogden trust please visit.