Leiston Primary School
Together we Nurture Excellence through Aspiration
KEY STAGE 2 CLASS TEACHER POSITION
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- To support the ethos of the school; having high aspirations for all pupils.
- To uphold the school’s culture of safeguarding and pupil voice.
- To provide pastoral support for pupils in the role as class teacher, liaising with colleagues and families as required.
- To plan and deliver high quality and ambitious lessons to a group of pupils.
- Monitoring and reviewing the progress of pupils and sharing this information with colleagues and families as required
- All teachers work within the statutory conditions of employment set out in the current School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document. The duties listed below are not, therefore, an exhaustive list of what is required.
- To safeguard pupils following the expectations set out in the School’s Safeguarding Policies and create a safe and secure learning environment in line with the school’s values and ethos.
- Planning and preparing lessons/sessions following the school’s curriculum
- Differentiating to individual pupil’s needs and next steps
- Marking and assessing work using the school’s systems
- To accurately assess both formatively and summatively to ensure that all pupils make good progress in lessons, over time and as part of their wider school journey.
- Liaising with colleagues to ensure a safe, positive and effective learning environment for all
- To liaise with parents/carers/families
- To attend staff meetings and Academy CPD sessions as required
- You may be asked to have oversight of a curriculum subject (with the exception of ECT candidates)
- Oversee enrichment opportunities for the children in your care e.g. the school’s 11b411 programme, visitors, music tuition etc.
- Supervision at playtimes with colleagues on a rota basis